Cardmaking and crafts

My main craft love is cardmaking however there will be bits and bobs scattered around that are non-cardmaking, maybe a bit of baking, embroidery, knitting - whatever takes my fancy on the day

Saturday 2 February 2013

Quickie card

I have decided that I have been hoarding too much stuff like toppers and papers that I have bought but then don't want to use them for anyone because their too nice.   For some reason I find myself being quite frugal with consumables such as kanban or hunkydory so I over the last couple of weeks I have made a concerted effort to use some toppers that were too nice to use and have been happy to realise that they make really quick cards (low and behold!)

Here is a card I made for our great nephew using a topper which I mounted onto a cirlce of mirri card which i had put through my cuttlebug using a mask and coordinating backing paper.

I am entering this card in the panpastel challenge to have another go at winning some of the lovely pastels before my hubs buys me some for my birthday.  The theme this week is seeing stars and as you can see the backing paper has stars.

Last week I had some great advice on which colours to go for as a priority so I am nearly ready to order.

Looking at other people's challenge entries I find myself surprised at just how many challenges people can make one card work on, for me its a struggle to get myself organised for one let alone 10 with one card, maybe that's going to be my next non-new-years resolution. :)

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment